Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Outgrowth


Ironic is the title of my first blog, because my blog was made to document release emotionally about my successes and struggles of my weight loss, though outgrowth is an important aspect of introspection.

outgrowth noun
1. a thing growing out of a main body
2. a development, result, or consequence

When I think of outgrowing, I think of course of getting bigger physically. My mind mostly wanders to gaining weight and needed to buy the next size pants or shirts. I also have to remember the second definition which more pertains to what I am speaking of, and that is the development of ourselves. A friend of mine once told me during the beginning of my weight loss journey, in a motherly fashion, that I would outgrow friends. I am sure this conversation came about with some arbitrary episode of adolescent stupidity between female friendships, though it was a very important statement which would carry through my personal beliefs to this day.

I was not expecting the outgrowth to be so impacting on my future and my beliefs. Not only do I feel constantly that I have outgrown friends of mine, as well as I am approaching the outgrowth of my job, but more importantly my life. Specifically I am talking about my life in Tucson. I have an established life here that I am approaching the end of the chapter. The exciting part, is that it means that along with the end of the chapter, begins the excitement of a new one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment